This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dear Fjord Folks,
Hi, this is Alex Wind in Shawsville, VA. I have not communicated
with the list in ages, but I think now is the time. I have just (last
week) dispersed my Fjords to new homes. The gelding (Gillyn,
by Montano, out of a Solar mare) went to a friend in Blacksburg,
who's husband is Norwegian, and is no stranger to Fjords. The mare,
(Sollyskur, by Solar, out of Techla) went to Ryland Moore, of Dugspur  VA,
who is very active, logging with Fjord teams and doing carriage shows  and
parades. The reason I had to make these changes, is that I was
diagnosed with uvial melanoma (very rare eye cancer) in July 2003,
necessitating removal of my left eye. As of November, I have had
metastasis to my liver. This is not routine liver cancer, but  melanoma.
I am now faced with going to Philadelphia for immuno/embloization,
every month. This necessitated lightening the load in animal department,
although I am still keeping the POA who is forty-seven and doesn't need
to try to adapt to a new farm. Please keep me in your prayers, as I need  a
miracle here, as no one has ever survived liver metastasis.
Thank you,
Alex Wind