This message is from: =?iso-8859-1?q?clare=20brennan?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

i know steve has called for an end to this discussion but when i read some of
the posts they made my blood boil.this list is about fjord horses ok, but i
thought we were all here because of our love for horses in general?the fact
that people are turning their backs on a horse in need just because of its
blood is terrible, we wouldnt do it to a human.it all comes down to money in
the end and the people that are money orientated by their fjords are just as
bad as the farmers that create these innocent by products of the meat industry,
maybe you should sit back and enjoy the fact that you own a beautiful horse and
not a particular breed!i dont own any horses because i cant afford to,im from
england and its quite expensive to keep a horse in my county, but if i did it
wouldnt matter what its bloodlines are just as long as its healthy.
id like to be removed from the list please steve, its becoming too hostile on
this list and the fact that people who do care about the horses are being told
to join other list is, well, its just silly.
i'll now take my leave ,feeling alot better for writing.
bright blessing, clare

Ruth Bushnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This message is from: "Ruth Bushnell"

> this is a fjord line Only ... Bo Fjords
>
> are we only allowed to talk about pure bred fjords on this line ...Sue
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having just inadvertently sent a frame with nothing in it, I guess the
element of surprise is gone =)))))))) (apologies)

Talking about cross breds and ADVERTISING them are two different things
entirely! The Quilter post which had the website advertising cross breds,
was at the very least in poor taste, (on a Fjord List) and I didn't like it
either! If a lot of you breeders out there would speak up, you'd admit you
didn't appreciate it much. The horse market in general is bad and the last
thing we need right now is offers of cheap imitations... which are a hazard
to the purebred Fjord industry.

That particular post was an advertisment for an unprincipled breeder that
had probably supplied the PMU industry and is now left holding a surplus
because of current restrictions. There are now hundreds of unwanted cross
breds! By promoting their despicable practice in this manner, the lady that
posted their site is adding to the problem of cross breed proliferation and
unethical breeding practices.

There is already an e-mail List for Fjord rescues and that would have been a
better choice to post these kinds of notices. I hated to comment on this as
I know this subject has caused controversary in the past but all it takes
for wrong to succeed is silence.

When I think of the many Fjord owners who throughout the years have spent
thousands and thousands of dollars and spared no efforts in improving and
preserving the wonderful Norwegian Fjord horse, only to have their major
investments and self sacrifice diluted and cheapened by unprincipled
pirates, it makes me sick!

You can talk all you want about the cross bred being a darling horse and
their life worth as much as a purebred, (but certainly not their net worth)
and I can agree with that, but when you start promoting the practice of
cross breeding I see red!

Ruthie, nw mt