This message is from: "jerrell friz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This message is from: "John D. Herr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Why not compete barefoot. If you have gone barefooted for a fair period
the hoof should be strong and healthy, so, unless the course is very
rocky or on long stretches of pavement, barefoot should be good.
John D. Herr

Barefooted is fine.   HOWEVER, if you are doing your homework and putting in
the miles required to do a good job, the wear will exceed the growth.   I
[ponies] wear steel shoes out in about 6 , or 7 weeks when in moderate
training.   There is no way that I could get by going barefooted.    Sure wish
I could, much better for the horse.  I am going to try the Old Macs this
winter when we are in the off season.  I do like my horses to run barefooted
when not in training  or, little training.

Jerry Friz,
Anderson, Ca.

" every farm needs a team "