This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 11:37 AM 1/12/99 +0000, you wrote:
>This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Jean,
>       I do hope you noticed the "smiley face" I sent with my message.
>       I have a college roommate in Anchorage, and I understand that Alaska
>is a great place for many reasons.

Well, there are times (like when it is -40 for a few days) that I get to
thinking of moving whole "shebang" south to some place where I can enjoy
the driving competions and shows, etc. and can do more in the winter
months.  But then I see all the ice storms, blizzards, rain and fog and
nasty weather other places in the South, and the hot, hot temps in the
summer, and realize that every place has it's trade-offs.  Guess what I
really miss is being able to participate in some of the events with my horses!

On a serious note, this Fjord list has helped so much this winter, I don't
feel so "out-of-touch" as I can "talk" with all you wonderful people on the
list and share my adventures with my fjords and the wildlife!

Thanks, Steve, for setting up this list!

Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska, hoping that we don't have any power outages
because this computer is my connection to you all!
Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
[EMAIL PROTECTED]