This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi listers!
My name is Dagmar, I am 34 years of age, I am a German citizen, have 2
children ages 11 and 12 years, am married, have 2 dogs, have Guinea Pigs,
almost forgot the fish and we all live happily in WA state in the US.
I am no newbie to Fjords but I am a newbie to Fjords in the US. I owned a
beautiful Fjordhorse mare (Laikar) in Germany, I had to sell her when my now
Ex  husband ETS'ed from the military and we moved to the US. What a sad day
that was for me :(.............
Now almost 11 years later I am on a quest to be owned by a Fjordhorse again,
but I need some (A LOT of it) help because I know nothing about breeding
practices in the US.
I need info on selecting a healthy horse, questions to ask the breeder, which
healthproblems to look for, books to read, I need to brush up on husbandry,
healthcare, vaccinations, worming, etc. training, driving, any
bookrecommendations, websites? What to look for in a good equine Veterinarian,
which questions to ask the Vet., basically anything that has to do with
general horsecare here in the US.
I don't intend to buy the horse for another year, but want to start early, I
also want to start buying the accessories early cause I know that they can be
quite an expense.
What do you all feed your horses? How are Fjord ridden over here? I rode mine
either english or bareback. She was not a horse for the cart, at least I never
tried it and I am a total newbie in that department, but defenitely want to
learn more about that as well, because I want my horse to be an all around
horse, used for riding and driving alike. Of course there is the question on
carts.
Another thing I need to familiarize myself with is the english terminology
when it comes to horses. Any websites explaining the specific bodyparts of
horses, including accessories, general and medical supplies etc.
This may seem like a lot, but I know there is more, I will be asking lot's of
question and will be most likely asking for translations of terminology which
I, with my German brain, don't understand, so I appologize in advance and
promise to be open to your teachings. :)
Thanks so much for having me and I am looking forward to getting my brain
filled with the english version on my beloved horsebreed the Fjordhorse or as
we call them lovingly in Germany: "Norweger"!
One funny thing I would like to mention, when I was riding my Fjord in Germany
people always got confused about the breed, they thought it was a Haflinger,
does that happen over here as well?
Take care and happy trailing
Dagmar (missing Laikar)