This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

A two year old, in my opinion, is not really mature enough to be balanced
or coordinated, might still be somewhat butt high.  Since Fjords don't
really mature fully until they are 6 or 7, seems that it might be wise to
work them very lightly at two and not expect too much at that age. If the
trainer is used to starting quarter horses at 2, he may be asking too much.
 (I personally don't think even a Quarter horse should be ridden at 2, but
at least they mature a little earlier than Fjords)

Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska with big snowflakes floating down: More snow, I
want More snow!

  At 10:53 AM 10/19/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>This message is from: "Teressa Kandianis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>My big guy, 2 yo Merit, is now at the trainer's barn.  He is doing quite
>well at the walk and trot.  The trainer told me he was prone to tripping
>which I recalled much discussion went on here on the list.
Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
[EMAIL PROTECTED]