This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

My horse had a lot of trouble learning to canter while being ridden. This year
she is 6 and more balanced. A friend of mine gave me a helpful hint on getting
the canter. In order to circle to the left, the outside leg is back, the inside
(left) leg is at the girth,giving the cue (bump). The extra help is given by a
tap with the whip on the inside shoulder. This was a relevation for us. Now we
can do the canter on both leads. You also have to make sure you are not leaning
forward at all. Even lean back slightly. I realize this is probably not
following some dressage rules or whatever, so don't criticize me too much. All
I know is that it worked for us.

She is also a tripper, by the way

Suzan