This message is from: "Kelly Gage" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

1) I can't help you with the trimming part, but I would cut a little closer than normal, that way over the summer it grows out and you won't have to do multipul trims.

2) Don't use bathtubs, use rubber tubs. Fence off the creek unless there is shallow parts to it. Horses of any age can drown

3) I wouldn't breed a mare until she has proven herself in the show ring for many years. So I say not until 9 or 10 years old.

4) There is very low(emphisis on very) cases of incest in a wild herd, fillies, and colts generally leave the herd (or are stolen by other band stallions or form bacholor bands). If there is incest, it is usually by a related stallion.

5)No riding at two years, EVER. Wait until the horse has matured until three or four years.

6) Since summer grass isn't as rich as spring grass, I supplement with good hay and grain.

7)Take shifts for foal watch. Usually nature takes care of things, but keep watch. Pick shifts, and keep watch. Have the vet on call if anything happens and have the trailer hitched if you need it.

Kelly

"... do not feel overwhelmed by the length of this journey. All you ever need to do is focus on one thing, what you are doing. Stay on the path and put one foot in front of the other - that is all. There is joy in the struggle."
-P.T.Sudo