This message is from: "Dagrun Aarsten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Just thought I's mention how it works in Norway.

We usually never geld until they are three - so this is a big difference. It
seems like all the ones gelded early are doing equally well here in the U.S.
Saves a lot of effort and avoids dangerous situations though, it's not for
everybody to have a 3-year-old bursting with hormones on their hands.

However we are very strict about the breeding, since you are not allowed to
breed a stallion that has not been approved by the registry (BTW, stallion
show coming up this weekend in Norway, anybody going?). The only exception
is if you own both the mare and the stallion, but the offspring will have
little value if the sire is not approved so this is not done.

What are the rules in the US?

Dagrun in San Jose, happily playing with fjords Quinn and Tinn, waiting for
that saddle I bought on ebay.