This message is from: M Korose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi
Just my experience.  I have one gelding, (western
stock) that is big and proportional (not fat), well
behaved, yet stubborn at times.  He has a great neck
and people ask (When was he gelded?) would you believe
3 months?  He was in AK and needed to be done before
the cold came.  Have another gelding - very typical in
size and temperment for a Fjord - gelded at 4 months
(tends toward fat ALL the time).  Have a 4 yr old
gelding that was gelded at 3 years.  Lovely
temperment, well behaved, doesn' tend toward fat, very
typical in size.  (I didn't own  him in his un-g
years).  Have a 1 year old colt, rangy at this age,
bit lean, growing like a weed, hope he won't be too
tall.
Once they are weaned, I think all bets are off, some
get big (gelding myth), some don't.  Some are fat
(gelding ,myth) some aren't.  Do it for your schedule,
what are the weather conditions where you live, what
facilities do you have, what uses do you plan.
IMO  Marsha
(with 4 boys, need some more girls!)
http://health.yahoo.com