This message is from: "Gail Russell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The surface of the BOA boots is clearly sturdier, but also heavier.

I know people do 50 and 100 mile endurance rides in them.

I have not ridden that far, but I have gone on some pretty wild rock
scrambles and see little wear on the soles of the easy boots.

One of mine is tearing the Velcro fastener away from the easy boot gaitor.
This is a part that can be replaced.  In this case, I could probably sew it
on with a needle and thread.  The problem is that the sewing was not tied
off at the end properly.

Many parts are replaceable.  However, I do not see that the foot bed itself
is replaceable, which surprises me...unless very few people wear it out.

In our area shoeing is very expensive.  Also, if you reset the shoes every 4
to 5 weeks, as is recommended, it would be much more expensive.

Since I have had my horses barefoot, it is apparent to me that a shod hoof
definitely needs to be attended to more frequently than most people do.  (My
horses do not wear their bare feet down themselves because they are housed
on a fine silty sand.

Gail