This message is from: Robin Churchill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Has anyone used Old Mac, Boa or Cavallo's Simple Boots
and if so what did you like and dislike about them?
My big horse developed an abscess and his shoe had to
be pulled so now needs wrapped and will not be able to
have the shoe back on for awhile.  This is a horse
that even if the abscess was healed can't go without a
shoe (he is not a fjord but I have had him a long time
and will never get rid of him).  Some of these boots
say that can be used in conjunction with treatment of
abscesses and I was hoping to put a piece of
animalintex poultice or cotton with some furazone to
cover the bottom of the hoof and let the boot hold it
on rather than having the agony of repeated wrapping
with vetrap and duct tape.  Today after having the
hoof messed with, poked, prodded and cut all day, it
was fairly difficult to get the wrap on--I had to have
my husband come home from work to help me but that
can't be an everyday occurence.  The vet wants me to
wrap with animalintex for three days then
cotton/furazone until he checks him again in a week.
Any information would be appreciated.

Robin in Florida
that gives answers, not web links.