This message is from: "kate charboneau" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

A friend has a Haflinger gelding who has all the same physical symptoms,
and has received all the same care as the Fjord you wrote about.  After
all was said and done, we now know this horse must be on dry lot with
Orchard grass hay.  No other type of hay will do, and any pasture at all
is too much.  We figured out that other hay might be all "grass hay" but
several bales will be leaner, then the next bale might be a little
richer, so he'll do fine for a couple weeks then get loose again.  His
full brother does fine on any type of hay, and fine on pasture, but since
they are a team, and the only horses on the place, they both live
comfortably with this regimine.