This message is from: "Jeanne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Good suggestion, Karen, about the BioSponge.

Last week one of my fjord's came down with the exact same symptoms.  Really
runny manure, no fever, gut sounds, normal heart rate, normal colored
gums... just really runny manure.  My vet came, tubed her with charcoal,
shot of banemine and one tube of that biosponge.  We've got her on
psyllium(sp?!) and the FastTrack probiotic now, and she appears completely
normal.  Very scary, because my vet now thinks it was a sand colic.

So, because of everything that was given to Hanne, I really can't say, for
sure, what exactly cleared her up... but she's good now.  You can bet I have
examined every pile of manure and every time she's laid down in the past two
weeks.  A very bad feeling, once you have a horse that's been sick.

They say sand colic this time of year because, their fat, we cut back on
their hay, they're board, so they vacuum every single teeny, weeny piece of
whatever and don't drink like they should.

Good luck, Patti, finding a resolution to the problem with the gelding.

Jeanne
 - Berthoud, Fall is finally here!