This message is from: Tanya Manser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have a Fjord that scours when fed lower fibre forage (like grass or rich
haylage).  In fact about two weeks ago she had a nasty bout of Azoturia which
we are attributing to a particular big bale of haylage.

I have found that by
increasing the dry matter fibre she gets really helps the situation.  Over
here in the UK we have a chaff called Hi-Fi Lite
http://www.dengie.com/pages/products/fibre-feed/hi-fi-lite.php .  It is dried
alfalfa/lucerne and straw, 40% fibre and very low sugar - presumably you have
something similar there?  I have found that feeding her significant quantities
of this keeps enough fibre in her diet to get her gut working healthily.
Good luck with your Fjord!