This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 1/22/2008 3:47:10 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

It is  based on feeding
whole oats. You feed as much or as little whole oats as  each
individual horse requires. You balance the deficiencies in oats  by
adding a supplemnt called Just-Add-Oats. This ensures that each  horse
gets the proper calcium to phosphorous ratio and all the minerals  and
vitamins they need, while not having to eat huge amounts of feed  to
get them. Then you also add a fat supplement which slows  the
absorbtion of the starches in the oats so as not to get those  peaks
and valleys of blood sugars and insulin, and also to provide the  fats
that horses need.

So do you just put out containers and let them eat all that they want? I
would think some breeds (Fjords, ponies, mustangs, donkeys, etc) would eat too
much. Or are they supposed to balance out after they get what their systems
need? I would like to know how this goes, as I have a 30+ year old pony who
doesn't like her senior unless we buy John Lyons, which is loaded with
molasses.
She has lost most of her teeth and has choked repeatedly on hay.
Patty