This message is from: "jen frame" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Patty,
NO--don't ket your pony (or any other equine for that matter) free
feed on oats.  This would be too dangerous--could result in founder.
I am sorry I wasn't clear in my first e-mail about this:
You would substitute, by vollume, not by weight, the oats for the feed
you are currently using.  Then add oil and "just add oats".  You will
probably need to feed LESS oats than you are feeding sweet feed.

BUT:  I am currently switching over to this system, and my Tennessee
Walking horse mares are rapidly getting fat pads at their tail heads
and over their shoulders.  So I am quickly reducing the amount of
oats. I think it is too high in carbs for them.  So it remains to be
seen whether or not I can get them the right amount of oats to keep
them healthy and not fat.  If you want me to be the giunee pig and let
you know how it goes before you try it out, just let me know, or check
back with me in 2 weks or so...

Also, I personally would be terrified to try this with my Fjord.  So
for her I'll stick to my current feeding methods until I figure out
what to get her on if I take her off the tiny amount of Nutrena/Acco
she is currently on--basically  it is just a little something to stick
her Glanzen Lite by Horsetech to!!!!!
I hope I was able to clarify this for you,
Jen