This message is from: "jen frame" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Bonnie, all commercial feeds suggest what you just wrote about: you
feed by weight not by Vollume.
But I spoke with Dr. Dan of the Natural Vet--the products that were
asked about in the first post in this chain--and he specifically said
that when switching from commercial feed to whole oats, do it by
vollume and not by weight. I double checked with him to make sure that
was correct, since it is different than what we are all taught.
He said you have to experiment to get the right amount, but to do it by vollume.
what I am finding is that I need to lower the vollume when feeding oats.
The supplements added are what are required to ballance the
deficiencies in oats, and to make the calcium:phosphorous ratio
correct.
Jen