This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>From my understanding of feeding it is best to feed by weight and not
volume.  The same volume of one feed can weigh much more than another, even
the
same grain, but in a different form such as rolled oats verse whole.   Whole
are
much heavier and feeding the same volume would not be a good  situation. Get a
scale and weigh different feeds out.  You just  might be surprised at what
1lb really looks like.  I might suggest a  good book call Understanding Equine
Nutrition written by Karen  Briggs.   This should answer most of your
questions.    I manage over 40 horses currently including Fjords and do not
have any
over weight issues.  Supplements have their place, but over  all most do not
need as many as it seem except to make their owners feel  better.

Good Luck

Bonnie Morris