This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This evening I had a 6:00 pm lesson that was a  double.  My young 15 year old
navigator Mccauley and another lady  Shani.  They both were kinda sore from
all the riding that they have been  doing, so they both begged and actually
jumped up and down to go out on a  Carriage ride instead.   So I gave in and
had
them go and get Yolie  and brush her and give her all her special little
treats.  Out came the  harness and we were hitched and on our way.   A
beautiful
day.   All my neighbors waved as usually.  Mccauley wanted  to know if we could
go to her house, so we went thur the woods and over the  hills to Mccauley's
house.    Her parents were home and had to  come out and pet Yolie and admire
her Mohawk.   It was about  7:30 on our way back we went on same trail that we
had taken.    Everyone was laughing and having a good time.   There is one
spot on  the trail were it has quite a big dip, so I asked them to get off
while
I  go over it.  Just as we come up out of it a man jumps from out of the
trees  and starts screaming at us about how we can't go on the trail and he
won't
let us by.   I tell him to leave us alone and he continues to  scream very
loudly.   I tell the girls to get back on and lets  just get out of there.
This man tries to grab ahold   of Yolie and I tell her to go.  He looses his
grip
and yells that  he is getting a gun and is going to shoot us and the horse.
The  girls are scrambling to get on the cart Shani was farther behind,
because  of the big jolt forward that I asked Yolie to do to get rid of the
man.
She was trying to catch up when I herd gun shots being  fired.  I told
Mccauley to call 911 now on her cell phone .   She  handed me the phone.   The
mans
wife was also there.  When he  realized that I had called 911 he gave her the
gun and she ran to their car  and took off.  I was able to read the license
plate to the  dispatcher.  At this point the man came running at me and tried
pull me off the cart.  I beat the _Sh&[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:Sh&[EMAIL
PROTECTED])  out of him with
my  whip!   All the wile on the phone will 911.   10  cop cars showed up at
lighting speed with all their assault  rifles.   They surrounded him and cuffed
him and thru him in the back  of the car.   They also caught his wife with the
gun.    They are both in jail and are facing Felony assault  charges with
intent to  kill.   After all that we made it back home with police right behind

at 10:30pm.
    I always thought that I lived in a pretty nice safe  area.  Now I am very
thankful that everything turned out well and no one  was hurt.   It now makes
me think of what I should carry with me for  more protection .   I am not
sure how much I ran him over with the  carriage, but it was not enough.   Yolie
was so good throughout  the whole ordeal.   I could not have asked for a better
horse.

PS I never thought about how thankful I am that we have such a good
extremely fast responding police force as I have never had to use  them.

Bonnie Morris  in Western Washington

Just glad that they are caught

fuel-efficient used cars.