From: Heather Baskey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Question for the Parelli Fjord Folks
To: "Fjord Issues" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Fjord Horse"
<Fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 2:11 PM

This message is from: Heather Baskey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello All,
Looking for advice from Parelli Students who have Fjords.  I am
working on Level One with my new 2 year old.  He is smart - boy oh boy -
that's for sure!!!  and sometimes (well, quite often), I think he is
playing
me.
Anyhow!  when he is "unsure" of something, instead of the usual
spook that
I am used to from other breeds - Henry simply puts on the brakes and stands
there.  Soooooooo - how do I use "approach and retreat" to get him
used to
strange objects, when the brakes are on.  We're talking really good brakes
-
so the good ole' approach and retreat lesson doesn't work at all!!!
Then ...
to continue the saga.  There are times where he will spook (or invert - head
high, back dipped) and so I go to the friendly game and that is "OK"
for him.
Other horses I have worked with, relaxed totally in the Friendly Game ...
Henry?  could care less at times.
So - in summation, if there are any folks
(could be non Parelli students who know what I am talking about too) to get a
braked Fjord moving through an object he wants nothing to do with - my ears
are wide open!!!
Heather & Henry
Playing Naturally ....