This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

These guys can be surprisingly tough.  I assumed from the start that  Joe was
a confident horse (before we came up with the whole LB / RB  schema).  It
turns out he was actually very unconfident, but not  fearful.  So when he would
plant and refuse, it was not because he was  afraid, but he was not confident -
and there's a difference!!  Once the new  lingo came out, he is definitely a
LBI, but shifts to a RB in unfamiliar  surroundings.  And when he gets bored,
flips to RBE - boy howdy those are  fun times (although it makes me want to
run for cover).  I am really a  fairly wimpy individual, so most of "Joe's"
issues, turn out to be my own lack  of pony leadership skills (I'm good with
people, no really, I am!!)

Treats have been the secret weapon against boredom and most planting.   When
he was first introduced to the wooden bridge, he would not step on it for
love or money.  Days of approach and retreat, playing games he was good at
near
and around the bridge - nothing doing.  Until I reached in my pocket  one day
and found a frosted mini-wheat.  Joe was on the other side of the  bridge when
I pulled it out thinking "what's this?"  He stepped up onto  that bridge as
happy as could be to reach the mini-wheat.  Never had a  bridge issue after
that, but the value of treats hit home.

I'll end now out of respect for my non-Parelli Fjord friends, but I could
discuss this all day <g>

Kate
with Joe and Della (who completely support the marriage of treats and
Parelli)

In a message dated 7/29/2008 6:42:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,