This message is from: "afjordableacres" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi All,

we've been gone a while due to computer issues and changing servers. Some of
you might know me still but here it goes. We live in Southern MN on a small 10
1/2 acre farm. With 2 Fjords, Gunnar and Kaari,  old QH J.R , and Morgan a
very old Appy. I've been in the horse world for many years and with my
enjoyment of them I thought it only appropriate for my kids to have the same
pleasure. Not all of the 3 are interested, but my daughter is and currently
taking dressage lessons. I think she is finding the reliability of a horse is
way better than humans. The "tween" years are proving to be very judgmental (
accent on mental ) and hard on a persons sense of self. She seems to find what
I found in the horse a best friend and unconditional love as long as there is
food : ) We both find our peace in the barn amongst the munching of Hay. There
are also two boys going through the same school garbage we all did however
with the oldest in high school he is getting through most of the tough stuff.
Our youngest sees no reason to do school. He can drive a tractor, manage and
repair the hay equipment with the best of them so who needs it! Keeping the
land is his thing and I can always depend on him to get up a good crop of hay
or handle any thing out side, but just don't expect him to sit behind a desk
and like it : ).

Along with our horses we raise Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers so we have 3 of
them along with the boss Boarder collie who is showing her age. There is also
a bunny and 8 cats 7 of which are in the barn keeping control of the varmints.
Then there is the 10 chickens that my farmer son had been bugging me for. We
know nothing about raising chickens so it was put of for many years. We are
learning lots of lessons, and having eggs more often, man is there a
difference in flavor!!

I am a believer of working with the animal rather than force. I have trained
most of my own animals due to some poor experiences with "professional"
trainers. I know little about the show ring so if you ever see me in the ring
with one of my horses it's by accident : ) My daughter loves to show and so
does Kaari, Gunnar like me can do with out. I only know enough to get a few
good laughs.

I own a small business that offers in home or barn animal care along with
animal communications and healing touch therapy. So I am serving the animals
physical as well as emotional needs. I also work at the local middle school.
My husband is an under employed airline pilot who is gone back to college for
another degree in something called GIS. With a bachelors , 2 minors and
another degree to come were hoping to change the under employed statice.

So that's the introduction that is required when joining the list if any one's
interested.

Happy Holidays to all,

Roberta Stockwell
Guided Hands