This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<<I've gotten pretty attached to him, "spunk" and all.>>

Welcome to Fjords!  I fell in love with Percherons, but they were too  big,
so I went looking for a draft that wasn't so far to fall off of and ended  up
with Fjords!

This poor list has had a few years now of my little Joe stories, but they
are much the same as yours.  Brought Joe home without knowing he had been
through 4 owners in 6 years.  Stubborn, headstrong, and can be quite
challenging
when he does not call the shots.  Unbelievably personable and  adorable on the
ground and when he agrees with the program.  He has become  much better since
getting to know us, and I would hesitate to send him away for  training.  I
try hard to get trainers who will come to us.  After the  first year, we saw a
marked change in him as he became more trusting that he  wasn't going anywhere.

He would benefit from a regular job, but we do our best.  He's tossed  me,
and my daughter - but only once out of sheer pissiness, and he gave me  plenty
of warning.  He doesn't like to canter, and will let you know about  it.  But
if you can win the argument the first time, he's a joy for the  rest of the
ride.

Good luck with Trygg - I hope you come to love him the way I adore my  Joe!

Kate
with Joe (basically, the best pony ever)
and Della (who is recently proving that she can have a little attitude  too)

**************Stay in touch with ALL of your friends: update your AIM, Bebo,
Facebook, and MySpace pages with just one click. The NEW AOL.com.
(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000012)