This message is from: Eric Kozowski <e...@kozowski.com>

On 7/13/2010 6:17 AM, Karen McCarthy wrote:
Hey Eric, great thoughts! Ditto on hobbles from over here...just wondering
though, how do you keep your Fjord from fluffing up if it is on permanent
turnout? Mine are out 5 hrs daily and they are quite, um, fluffy...

Good question, but I don't really have an answer. I guess I've just been lucky as my horses are pretty much self regulating on weight, including the Fjord, even when turned out 24x7 on pasture. I would think putting them on a dry lot for part of the day would be a start. Keeping the grass length short in your pastures might be another option.

--
"You can see what man made from the seat of an automobile, but the best way to see what god made is from the back of a horse."
- Charles M. Russell