cmon guys pay a vacation to the US, buy the adobe suite (whatever you like) write down in the registration the addrs of your hotel and connect to the internet, and Doesn't matter where you are, you'd have online support , because there is no way to trace your connection (or at least that is what the FBI said in the x-files, joking), I bought my programs in the us, then used a cargo to brought it to Ecuador and I used and downloaded the upgrades from there.....I don't know if I'm saying a lot of nonsenses but that looks perfectly right for me. My primary language is the spanish, but I've always use my products set up to english language( by the way I bet I can't understand the commands or how to use the programs in my own language-the spanish).

regards

Gustavo Duenas

On Mar 29, 2007, at 10:56 AM, Nick Weekes wrote:

So how would one legally go about buying Adobe software in the US (by
legally I mean not from ebay)? And r.e. the lack of european support or upgrade, wouldn't you still be elligible for a US upgrade if you bought the
software from there?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ian Thomas
Sent: 29 March 2007 15:39
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] The great CS3 Swindle

Well - a telephone call from Adobe Europe (in the Netherlands) today.
A lovely Russian lady whose name I didn't get.

She tried to tell me the price difference was down to VAT rules - until I
pointed out that VAT is 17.5% over here, not ~80%.

As an aside, she pointed out that we in the UK pay slightly more for our downloads because we pay Republic of Ireland VAT rates for downloads (21%) as opposed to UK VAT on box product (17.5%). I'd noticed that the UK store downloads were pricier than the box product the other day, and couldn't understand it - that explains it. Doesn't have much bearing on the US/UK
gap, tho'.

Then she tried to be terribly reasonable, telling me that I could, if I
wished, buy the software from the States, but couldn't then have any
European support or European upgrades (hardly a problem).

I straightfowardly put it to her that it was simply about commercial
interests and that Adobe charged the UK prices that the UK would pay.
Which she agreed with.

Which means the only explanation is - because they can get away with it.

Ian