From: Gustavo Duenas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 12:43 PM
To: Flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] attaching an event to a movie clip

Hi , Ok it doesn't sound as simple,

I've created a series of empty movieclips which loads pics from an
array, so far it loads perfectly but I can attach to the newly
created movie clip any kind of
events.

I'm using this.

stop();

var models = new Array();

models = [ "model1", "model2", "model3", "model4"];

trace(models.length);
for (i=0; i<models.length; i++){
        movieName=models[i];
        var newMC= this.container1.createEmptyMovieClip(movieName, 0+i);
        newMC.loadMovie("models/"+movieName+".jpg");
     newMC._x=100*-i;
        newMC._y=100*i;
        trace (newMC);// so far works until here, creating the movieclips
and loading the pics inside then and assigning them a respective
value for x and y

///from now on, I got the problem, it appear that can't accept any
event in the movie clips
        newMC.rollOver= function(){
                trace("hello");

I hope you got it...because I'm still dont get it.

Regards

Gustavo Duenas