It's essential that you use a Unicode font--I use Arial Unicode for Asian
languages, because it has all the languages I typically need. Embed the
font, of course.

Gotcha. This is fairly new to me so I've been reading as much as I can. I found that true type fonts, like regular Arial, adhere to Unicode standards. In Flash, if I use Arial I can embed Korean (Hangul), and a few different Chinese glyphs. However, I cannot see the incoming UTF-8 encoded chinese text from my XML. Russian and all my other languages are working fine. But I get squares when trying to display Chinese or Korean, even though the glyphs are embedded for both. Hmmm... do I need a different font (Arial 'Unicode') or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks much.

Dave -
Head Developer
http://www.blurredistinction.com