> You can use simsun ttf for rendering chinese glyfs

I think that is a standard font--it's installed on my Vista system--but it
doesn't have Hangul (Korean) characters.

We should probably be aware of the terminology we're using--glyph and
character aren't interchangeable. A character--take the Roman "e" for
example--can be written in many different ways and still be recognizable. A
particular rendering of that "e" in Arial, Simsun, Helvitica, Times New
Roman, etc., are glyphs.

So when we say simsun has Chinese glyphs, we are saying simsun has glyphs
for Chinese characters.

I double-checked, and Arial Unicode MS does have Korean characters. The
Arial installed on my system does not.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson