Hi,

You may have to use a session based login rather than .htaccess and get the script to check if the user has a valid session before they log in.

There is a problem with this in Flash because the FileReference upload method does not always post normal HTTP Headers may not transmit the session id / cookies, which you could use to check if someone is logged in. There are workarounds to this if you look for FileReference upload session or something, which consist of passing the session id from HTML to Flash as Flash Vars then appending this to the URL of the file upload script...

I also think that this maybe the same reason that your .htaccess method is failing - it probably thinks you have a different session when you post from Flash.

   Not 100%, but have a look at that.

Steven Henry wrote:
Hi

I'm having a problem with a Flash back-end application... I've seen this mentioned before but couldn't find a solution anywhere!

My SWF calls a PHP upload script is in a .htaccess protected directory. Windows machines prompt for the directory username & password when I try and upload anything (which is a bit of a pain in the ass, but works). On my Mac however, this prompt doesn't appear and the upload fails.

Is there any way to get around this prompt without comprimising the security of the upload script (which can't be in a public folder for obvious reasons).

Cheers,
Steven

Glen Pike
01736 759321