Ok, I might be wrong about the "smothness", I just don't seen any
difference, but that can be subjective. However, using a higher frame rate
does put more burden on the rendering routines, so if you already have a
problem with frames being dropped, it will only get worse by incrementing de
FPS.

Cheers
Juan Pablo Califano