What happens when your client wants a pretty preloader, and he wants it to play out entirely, but there is nothing to preload, and you have indicated it to him a thousand times?

Everything is generated by code, and the file size is less than 40k.

I can fake a preloader animation; however, it seems pointless to do so, it causes an increase the file size, and if I use his graphics, I will need a preloader for his preloader.

When did preloaders become cool? I have always thought of them as an annoyance to the user, to be used as a transition only when motion cannot be constant.