I run Windows XP both at home and work.

For a short period, I worked on a Linux (Debian) box at work, because the
machine I got happened to had Debian installed and my boss, a Linux fan,
insisted that I should try it. At the time FlashDevelop was my main editor,
so I had to run some Sun VM that booted a virtual windows. I also use the
Flash IDE on a daily basis. Mostly for minor editing, but I need to
run Flash almost every day. It was naturally slow and some shortcuts
wouldn't work, which was a pain. I'd spend most of the time using Windows on
the VM, so it made no sense and I soon gave up and installed Windows XP.

I'm one of the retardeds using Flex Builder for AS coding ;). It has its
pitfalls and I do miss some FD features, which I used almost exclusively for
a long year. But now I can't live without a debugger that actually works,
something I missed for years; and a passable profiler, which is not so great
for measuring performance, IMO, but is invaluable when you're looking /
testing for memory leaks. Once you learn to use it, the "profilers" that
basically output System.totalMemory look like a bad joke. I hope some day
they finally get around to add a GUI debugger to FD; having a nice profiler
wouldn't hurt, either. But for now, I'd choose FB any day.

Cheers
Juan Pablo Califano