(back to the original topic... PC costs less for the same amount of power)

I have used the Flex IDE for free on an academic license, and I do like
that I can use other eclipse plugins with it; yet, I really do like
flashdevelop.

There are only a few things I don't like about flashdevelop:
1. You can't view more than one project at a time unless you run in
multi instance mode
2. It's debugging is restricted to the basic output panel, so you will
have to use something demonster debugger.
3. It needs better syntax and variable scope analysis across documents.
(the more I learn about compilers design and interpreters the more I
think about what is possible and it shocks me that we aren't there yet)
4. Lack of plugins in contrast to eclipse based solutions.
5.The customization of environment variables should have detailed help
for newbies.
6. Their website sucks(just a wiki and a forum); yet, that is totally OT.
7. no built in collaboration and no built in upload features
8. preview options for html across multiple browsers and devices is
lacking; to say the least.

I have used it on a flashdevelop on a couple of projects where I was the
only developer, and I didn't have the Flex 3 or Flash IDE available, and
it worked well; as well, if I am experimenting with something I prefer
to use flashdevelop or the flash timeline.

Just keep in mind...Free isn't always easy; yet, it is free.

Thanks,
Anthony

//