You don't have to backspace all the way back to the period when you make a
typo in FlexBuilder, you can just backspace the typo, and press control +
space and the menu will popup again. Of course it's not as convenient as the
FD menu.

As for refactoring, find and replace works but the rename function is
FlexBuilder is so effortless and I'm very lazy by nature ;-) By the way, can
FD do find and replace in all the classes of your project? I don't remember,
I haven't used it very much since I started working here on a mac.

I've heard that Adobe has included some of the code generation shortcuts
from FD in FlashBuilder 4, like event handler and getter / setter
generation. Thanks to FD!

I've had some auto-complete mishaps with FD on my computer at home. Even
after re-installing the program and deleting the local settings files, it
still sometimes doesn't auto-import some classes from the flash package and
I have to type my import by hand. Weird.

> From: Steven Sacks <flash...@stevensacks.net>
> Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 22:22:00 -0700
> To: Flash Coders List <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
> Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] mac vs pc
>
> I'm confused why you would need to look at more than one project at a time,
> and
> you can switch projects very quickly in FD by using Recent Projects.
>
> It's well established the debugger is limited to tracing, which is generally
> good enough for most of the time.
>
> I don't know what you mean about better syntax and variable scope across
> documents. I find the variable scope feature of FlashDevelop to be fantastic.
> The F4 key is great. If you mean something else, I'm definitely interested.
>
> What plug-ins are you talking about specifically that Eclipse has that help
> with
> coding Actionscript?
>
> I agree the documentation is lacking. I've discovered new features on
> accident.
>
> I keep hearing about the refactoring feature, but how often are you
> refactoring
> and how does Find and Replace in Files (CTRL+I) not take care of it?
>
> In FB or FDT, if you make a typo, you lose it and you have to start over.
> This
> goes for properties and constants, etc.  I don't know about you, but while I'm
> great typist, I'm not perfect, and FlashDevelop is forgiving and still knows
> what you want, even if you typo or hit backspace to make a correction, where
> if
> you hit the wrong key or backspace in FB or FDT, you lose everything.  This is
> especially a pain with long names.
>
> The getter/setter code gen for vars and the event code gen are incredible time
> savers.  The default shortcut isn't very good, but you can change it (I use
> ALT+2).
>
> FlexBuilder and FDT offer live code compiling, which FlashDevelop does not.
> FDT's lexical parsing is superior to FlexBuilder, as well.  However, I find
> that
> those features are not worth the speed tradeoff, and I can just compile
> anytime
> to see any runtime errors. FlashDevelop's syntax checking is generally good
> enough.
>
> Every developer I know that uses FlashDevelop for about a month can't live
> without it. Every developer that never has or hasn't learned the time-saving
> features it has (lack of documentation definitely doesn't help) doesn't really
> understand how much faster it is to develop in and if you don't have anything
> compare it to, FlexBuilder and FDT are much better alternatives to coding on
> the
> timeline (ugh).

This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which it is
addressed and contains valuable
business information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or
otherwise protected from disclosure.

If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of the error via e-mail to
disclai...@tbwachiat.com and
please delete the e-mail from your system, retaining no copies in any media. We
appreciate your cooperation.