They're two different functions. You can do a find/replace on a text string
in FB or FDT through a project, which works the same as FD, but rename will
find all references in the project to the property/class you're renaming and
update there. Same net effect 95/100 times, but it's 'smarter' than just
find/replace. FDT at least also has "move" which will update all imports in
your project if you change your package structure, which I've found very
handy when the projects move just that much faster than the architecture.As
far as multiple projects goes, I have more than one open/switch between
projects all the time, whether to pinch some code that I haven't had time to
make into a library or just the day-to-day client juggling you do as a small
biz.
I'm interested in what you're saying about caret control tho, I guess
I hadn't realized there was anything all that different. Care to elaborate?