From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Steven
Sacks
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:40 PM
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] mac vs pc

My home computer is a Windows XP box.

My last full-time job was a Mac-only shop.  So, I used Mac every day, 5
days a
week, for 10 months.

Within a few weeks, I realized I couldn't live without FlashDevelop. I
installed
Parallels 3 with Windows XP and figured out how to use FlashDevelop in
my
workflow there.

I *love* Expose and Spaces.  However, they are easier to live without
than
FlashDevelop.  FDT and FlexBuilder both suck ass as Actionscript editors

compared to FlashDevelop.

I cannot live without FlashDevelop.  Period.  Anyone who has spent any
serious
time with it knows that it isn't an option.  The day they get it working
on the
Mac is the day Flex Builder (ahem, Flash Builder) sales see a
significant drop.
  The only reason so many people buy Flex Builder for Mac is because
FlashDevelop is currently PC-only.

Actionscript coding in Eclipse is retarded.  It's slow, clunky and
basically, sucks.