On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Paul Andrews <p...@ipauland.com> wrote:

> beno - wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Paul Andrews <p...@ipauland.com> wrote:
>>

>>> If  mcHand has a tween on the timeline for that MovieClip, there MUST be
>>> stop() command in actionscript at the end of the frames for the
>>> mcMovieClip.
>>> Without that stop() command the timeline will loop.

Perhaps we are miscommunicating. There is no instance of this mc being
dragged onto the stage. This mc appears only programatically. Yes, I could
drag it onto the stage, and then it would have a definite start and stop.
But such is not the case here. The *only* thing in the timeline is the
script. The first frame has:

var main:Main = new Main();
addChild(main);
main.init();
stop();

and now the 20th frame has:

stop();

Since the mc is either exactly 10 or 20 frames, it plays either once or
twice. I don't see how that would make any difference whatsoever for test
purposes. But my point is, I don't understand how putting that stop() in the
20th frame makes any sense at all, since all the action comes from the code
in the Main2.as file. Am I mistaken, or have you misunderstood? Please
advise.
beno

PS Code of Main2.as follows once again:

package
{
 import flash.display.MovieClip;
public class Main2 extends MovieClip
  {
  public function Main2():void
    {
  }
  public function init():void {
    leftHand();
  }
  public function leftHand():void
    {
    var mcHandInstance2:mcHand = new mcHand();
    addChild(mcHandInstance2);
    mcHandInstance2.x = 800;
    mcHandInstance2.y = 200;