beno - wrote:
On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Paul Andrews <p...@ipauland.com> wrote:

beno - wrote:

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Paul Andrews <p...@ipauland.com> wrote:

If  mcHand has a tween on the timeline for that MovieClip, there MUST be
stop() command in actionscript at the end of the frames for the
mcMovieClip.
Without that stop() command the timeline will loop.

Perhaps we are miscommunicating. There is no instance of this mc being
dragged onto the stage. This mc appears only programatically. Yes, I could
drag it onto the stage, and then it would have a definite start and stop.
But such is not the case here. The *only* thing in the timeline is the
script. The first frame has:

var main:Main = new Main();
addChild(main);
main.init();
stop();

and now the 20th frame has:

stop();

Since the mc is either exactly 10 or 20 frames, it plays either once or
twice. I don't see how that would make any difference whatsoever for test
purposes. But my point is, I don't understand how putting that stop() in the
20th frame makes any sense at all, since all the action comes from the code
in the Main2.as file. Am I mistaken, or have you misunderstood? Please
advise.
Tell me about mcHand. I am expecting you to tell me that mcHand is a MovieClip symbol in your library. If you edit that symbol you'll find there is a timeline just for mcHand. That is the timeline I have been referring to, not the main timeline.

Paul
beno