Meinte van't Kruis wrote:
I'd say, learn a lower-level language. I've worked with some guys with an
assembly and c++ background, and they really knew how to squeeze the last
drops of performance out of a flash app.
That's far less of a concern for most Flash applications and faster processors and increased performance by the player help. Performance always will be a concern for some situations but I would never advise anyone to learn assembly language or C++ with that in mind for AS3. Better to learn from AS3 Gurus.

The people (like me) that have passed through the assembly and C++ route have done so not as a way to become better AS3 developers but because our situations required that we program assembler and C++. Those skills help us with AS3 but aren't an efficient route to take. Don't go there.

Paul