Thanks for the responses everyone!

> Yes, and what I am saying is, that architecture is wrong.  You don't create
> instances of EventDispatcher and then put Display object inside of them.

OK, it seems I've violated a golden rule about bubbling.  My EventDispatcher
obviously isn't on the display list, so it's the end of the road for that
Sprite's event.  For this project, I am passing along a custom event object
like a hot potato, however inefficiently.  Live and learn.

But, there's a broader question I'd like to ask.

In my project, this EventDispatcher managing all the Sprites.  Is there a
better way of managing all the displayObjects from one class, other than having
instructions come from an EventDispatcher?

- MM