Yes, I suspected I've been touching on MVC.  I'm not that sophisticated in my
design pattern usage yet.  I will get there though.  Thanks for the follow up

- Michael M.

>> In my project, this EventDispatcher managing all the Sprites.  Is
there a better way of managing all the displayObjects from one class,
other than having instructions come from an EventDispatcher?

See the example I posted - you just have to extend on it.  If you choose
MVC as a pattern like I like to do, you have a controller class which
listens to display objects and has handlers to uh, handle them.