I agree with the plentiful.

Seems to me in the last year with AJAX vs Flash Player(Flex,AIR), there has
been one thing that seems to divide the developers, design patterns and
familiarity. Albeit, you can almost create the same functional application
in either of each language but, Adobe seems to have voted for a more
'structural' approach to advocating web application development with their
Flash Player(Flex/AIR).

Knowing Java, php5(using new class attributes and structure)  and AS3 very
well, I feel  awkward when needing to write javascript for something. I am
not at all saying which is best, most that know, know each suites it's own
purpose well. I know in my own personal experience, I really like AS3's
encapsulated packages, type checking and structured inheritance.

The most important thing for me is, Adobe from the start wanted to follow
the 'New way of doing things' (joint collaboration) standard setting
approach. This in turn has created a language that fits into a lot of
developer's thought train. From here, they can just build on what solid
'standard' they have already jointly been working on.

Mike

--
Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com

Teoti Graphix Blog
http://www.blog.teotigraphix.com

You can find more by solving the problem then by 'asking the question'.