Now that I've had time to think about this, it seems like it could
really be a good thing.  Adobe chose to link itself to the
ECMAscript4 standard and from many responses I've read it guided
their decisions on whether or not to do things ( private constructors
anyone? ).

Perhaps now Actionscript can move in a new direction that allows some
things that weren't going to be in the ES4 standard.  Perhaps
actionscript will link itself with some other future standard.  The
possibilities are plentiful.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "hank williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>