Yes, as i just commented at [1], i don't see much significance in
ECMAScript going whatever direction. For me the ultimate solution is
having cross compilers that compile *whatever* to ABC/SWF. Adobe is
working on that, it's public info [2]. Experimental C, Python and PHP
compilers are already working as it seems.

[1] http://tinyurl.com/6awfad
[2] http://llvm.org/devmtg/2008-08/ (last presentation in list)

Cheers,
Claus.