>>Hate to say it, guys, but neither of these sites launched during my
attention span (with DSL). Hope you have really motivated visitors!

Agree; I have DSL which is pretty fast and it took forever. It could be that
all of us were loading at the same time and their server was slowed.

But even still, this site is a caliber such that it demands a better loader,
or at least some teaser of whats coming up soon ;p

I tabbed out and read some news pages, tabbed back and it still wasn't done,
wrote an email, and it was ready when I finished that.

If you don't have users that can manage tabs or know how to get back to a
popup, there's no way they're going to wait through the load.

And for the users that can, probably at least 20% of them will forget they
were waiting for it.

My 2c,

Seth