Could you post your pom.xml file?  I think the obvious answers are
exhausted.

Also, while it may be a problem with the plugin, the plugin just uses
the compc and mxmlc compilers from the flex SDK, so anything not
explicitly set by the plugin defaults to whatever they default to.
I've encountered a few cases where the defaults are crazy or at least
different from FlexBuilder, causing interesting results.

Christian.

FYI: There is a israfil-mojo-users list at googlegroups. -cg.