Typically, one uses labelFunction to pull role.application.code and
display it, and provides a custom sortCompareFunction that pulls the
same and sorts it.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of lrdvadersith
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 9:11 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: VerifyError: Error #1025: An invalid register
5 was accessed.

I don't think the itemRenderers are affecting my ability to sort, but
I think my lack of dataFields are.

My dataobjects look like this:
An Application object with a code.
A Role object with an Application, code, and description
A UserRole object with a Role, and comment.

My datagrid contains an ArrayCollection of UserRole mappings. I want a
column for the Role code, Role description and Application code.

Since I can't set the dataFeld to "role.application.code" and the
like, I've gone to custom renderers.

thanks for your help,

Steve