I don't know of any doc anywhere.  It is not fixed in Flex 3.  I don't
expect Thermo to auto-convert the Flash fl.* components into Thermo
components either.  The designer is really supposed to draw pure bitmaps
or vector art and Thermo makes it easier to translate that into Flex
apps.  If the designer actually puts a fl.* component in the artwork,
Thermo may not be able to work with it.

Post Flex 3, there may be some way of using Flex components in Flash
Authoring or getting better interop between Flex and fl.* components,
but nothing you can bank on and you may not see it until 2009.

If someone gave me a Flash CS3 FLA and asked me to re-code it as Flex, I
would probably run it in the debugger and write down the size and
positions of everything in the display object tree and copy those into
the MXML.  I haven't used Movie Explorer enough to know if it is a
better way of doing that.  Assuming there isn't any tricky resizing
logic, it would also be possible to write another Flash app that loads
the designer's SWF and outputs the appropriate MXML by scanning the
display object tree and emitting the XML.