From: b_alen
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:44 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: OOP and Work for Hire

You can use it again definitely otherwise no one here would be allowed
to do even a sorting algorithm ever again. Come on, some guys even
went so far that every single "digital line of code" is client's. So
even the <mx:Button /> I can't implement ever again, because it
belongs to the customer.

> Algorithm, you can probably use it again. It depends how obvious or
> unique it is. In theory, algorithms / approaches to solving problems
> are not patentable. In reality such algorithms may be patentable or
> considered trade secrets.

Depends, but usually there are changes for the better in each iteration.